Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day!

Christmas in Bangkok for 2009! So, here is a picture of the nice Christmas advent calendar which my mum so kindly sent me! It was my one and only Christmas decoration for my room!



This is also a picture of the best cashew nuts I have seen...why....not only were they delicious but the salt came seperate for those who don't like salt!!! Hooray!!!



This is the fruit mince pie I bought in Central World Plaza....I smelt them as I walked by and had to stop and buy one....so sooo good!




On Christmas eve I went to a midnight mass at an Anglican church in Saladaeng with some friends. Was in English and was a nice service. Then, on Christmas Day, I went to Centara Grand for a Christmas Day buffet lunch! Was soooo good! I had a plan of attack to avoid overeating....I stuck to the plan, but I may have eaten too much on eat plate! First was seafood




Second was bread and pates and the frois gras and the smoked pork thing which I'm not so sure exactly how to call it



Thrid was stews, casseroles, and other pot-cooked things....including a rabbit!



Forth was roast vegetables and meat...which was a turduken! And the bread I ate with it was amazing!



Last was dessert....this is a picture of the dessert centrepiece.....



And the cake stand



So I started with plum pudding, carrot cake, chocolate tart and something sweet like jelly


This is my friend's plate who sampled some of the other cakes...they just tasted like sweet he said.


Next I had fruit....artfully arranged by myself, with a fruit tarlet for good measure coz they looked good and tasted good too!


Finished with rasberry mousse


Here's a few pictures of the buffet....the cavery


The pig's head plate

And the bread and cheese...Freshfield's could definately have held their Christmas party here....cheeselovers eat your heart out at Freshfield's and this buffet!


HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!


And for those of you who need to stop at the 8 1/2 floor....please press this button and life will stop accordingly


After having a chat to Mum and had already spoken with Dad before I went to lunch, looked around the shops for a while....busy with everyone on dates and shopping etc etc....went to dinner at Zence, the bar on the 17th floor of Central World.....theme for Christmas night dinner....squid ink!


What's in here....bread! The black one is squid ink bread!


Caesar Salad to start

And suid ink ravioli filled with lobster and saffron cream sauce, and squid ink pasta with seafood and chilli....a mere $15 per person for this meal!


Wishing everyone the Happiest of Christmases. Hope you all had a wonderful day where ever you were:D

No comments:

Post a Comment