Thursday, August 13, 2009

Graduation Day

Today was Thammasat graduation day, which for some reason meant the whole uni gets a day off! I went in to get a picture with Paow, so got to see exactly why they close the uni down for the day....people everywhere! Even the roads around Thammasat are closed! There were so many people I didnt even manage to find Paow in the end! But I figure at least I got to see the spectacle that it graduation day at Thai universities! Wow, they take it seriously! There is dancing, shouting, eating, a million photos, and a zillion teddy bears saying "congratulations you graduated!" Anyways, it was soooo hot so I decided to go sans photo. Took the bus to Siam where I was meeting a friend for lunch. So on the bus today I decided to quickly snap a shot of the inside of a non-A/C bus so you can see just how old they are, and just why I am not convinced these buses will not fall in two any day now.
At Siam, I met a friend for shabu shabu kaiten style....kaiten style shabu shabu! Wow! Basically, instead a sushi train, you have a shabu train. Everyone has their own hot pot infront of them, and as something you want to put in the hot put goes by you take it off and cook it! There is also a sushi and tempura buffet, but may I suggest avoiding that, not the finest! It was all you can eat 300 baht including drinks! Amazing huh! Here's a photo to show you how it works
Oh, but note...the ice green tea is sugared, so don't get it, it doesn't taste like ice green tea, it tastes like ice sugar in water!
After eating a somewhat large quantity of prawns and other shabu shabu delights, we walked off lunch, and then I went to starbucks, and might I say the starbucks here is by far superior to Aus starbucks in terms of the chocolate sauce that tops the drinks. Instead of chocolate syrup, here they use actual chocolate sauce...sooo good! Anyways, I was feeling kinda full so decided to call it a day and took the 183 back home, this time successfully telling the lady where I needed to go:D

No comments:

Post a Comment