Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reliving the pain of 1st year Anthropology

Ethnic Groups.....this course had the potential to be such a good course.....but thus far is as painful as ANTH 1002 Introduction to Anthropology.....and it doesnt even involve any yams or rice classifying, or longhouses, not even the antics of a lactose intolerant friend who ate nachos with cheese and sour cream for lunch immediately before the lecture to keep me entertained:( Anyways..... here's a picture of fried seaweed which is so so good!


The highlight of today was the plate of stirfried veges with chicken at Lung Jar's for dinner. Actually, the best best bit was that his wife gave me this khanom for dessert...yum yum yum!!!
Oh, did manage to catch Wes on the internet so managed to skype with him....but my mic doesnt work so I couldnt talk with him. He's in Seoul and went to O'Sulloc with Brooke....wish I could go to O'Sulloc!

Wednesday involved Thai class...hmmm Thai is a difficult language.....1 month and I am tres dissapointed with my improvement...or lack there of.....the teacher asks my name 3 times each class and never remembers my name....today she sat right infront of me and called me David...and then wondered why I didn't look up at her.....coz I don't respond to David! Anyways, am not making good progress with this language and it is annoying me muchly now. I think I am going to have to resort to some serious Thai soap opera watching as a last ditch effort........I think my realisation today is I should be given a diligence award for foreign languages.....aka, thanks you tried hard but you suck award.....:( Anyways, luckily, in this country there is delicious seafood and I can find comfort in a bowl of prawn and vegetable soup! Although it did start raining and neither me nor Paow who I was eating with brought an umbrella and we got absolutely saturated on the way home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment