Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Orientation

It was TU foreign student orientation today. I inteded to wake up at 7:15, but I now realise that sleeping beyond 6am which is the time when the sun starts coming through the window (no curtains) and my room starts to heat up, may in fact be impossible:( So, had a shower and by the time I was dressed and leaving my room, I was sweating and looked like I had run a half marathon.....
So, some new found Thai friends...Ei and Tiew were going to uni so showed me Sachiko and Etsuko how to take the Songtaew to the pier and then take the boat over to uni. Takes forever thanks to traffic jams. Anyways, we arrived with just enough time to get something from the uni bakery for breakfast then go to orientation day. Soooo many foreign students, most from Europe and US. So, I have to say the orientation day was fairly useless...it involved a whole lot of useless information, a campus tour but no one actually knew where the Thai studies classes were held, so in the end there was not much point to it. However, the highlight of the day was that we were given snacks for the campus tour, and lunch was provided...which was delicious!!! And, as everyone was enjoying lunch so much, lunch got extended by 1/2 and hour whoot whoot!!!

At the end of the day a group of exchange students all went for dinner at pinklaow bridge pier. Went to an all you can eat place where you cook it all yourself at the table called mou khata. Was really nice, and I didn't even overeat!! Here is a picture of us there.


No comments:

Post a Comment